ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety Management Systems Lead Auditor
ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety Management Systems Lead Auditor
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO 39001?
As an international standard, ISO 39001 specifies the requirements for Road Traffic Safety Management Systems. Additionally, it serves as a tool for organizations to reduce and eventually eliminate accidents, deaths and severe injuries associated with road traffic crashes. Road Traffic Safety (RTS) is considered as a global issue, as the number of accidents that occur worldwide is constantly rising. Therefore, firms and/or individuals, who are committed to improving road safety and offer quality, will benefit from the implementation of ISO 39001. This standard identifies improved elements of road traffic safety, which enable organizations to reach their desired outcomes.
Why is Road Traffic Safety Management important for you?
ISO 39001 sets the requirements for the implementation of a Road Traffic Safety Management System which ensures high quality and efficiency in road traffic management. Road Traffic Safety Management Systems were designed to reduce deaths and serious injuries associated with road traffic accidents. The ISO 39001 international standard is comprised with requirements that assist organizations to establish and implement suitable RTS policies, objectives and strategies. Professionals, who work with road traffic safety, can become ISO 39001 certified and help their organizations to achieve these goals and objectives. They can serve as a stepping stone for their businesses to offer qualitative services, which will lead to better job opportunities and consequently increase their opportunity for higher earnings.
Benefits of ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety Management
By becoming ISO 39001 certified, you will be able to:
- Ensure quality and road traffic safety
- Increase the efficiency of Road Traffic Safety Management Systems (RTSMS)
- Gain expertise on reducing costs
- Gain competitive advantage
- Help the organization to achieve its objectives
- Ensure customer reliability
ISO 39001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Road Traffic Safety Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with RTSMS requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Road Traffic Safety Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Road Traffic Safety Management
- Understand the operations of a Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS) based on ISO 39001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 39001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 39001 in the context of a RTSMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in RTSMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO 39001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS) and ISO 39001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS)
Domain 2: Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO 39001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 39001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO 39001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO 39001 audit program
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO 39001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||MS audit/assessment experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO 39001 Provisional Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 39001 Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Road Traffic Safety Management||Audit activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Road Traffic Safety Management||Auditor activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO 39001 Senior Lead Auditor||PECB Certified ISO 39001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Road Traffic Safety Management||Auditor activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead Level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes