ISO/TS 29001 Oil and Gas Quality Management Systems Lead Implementer
ISO/TS 29001 Oil and Gas Quality Management System Lead Implementer
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO/TS 29001?
ISO/TS 29001, as an international standard, is the result of the collaboration between ISO and the international oil and gas industry, which is primarily focused on the oil and gas supply chain. It specifies the Quality Management Systems requirements for the layout, establishment, production, and implementation of products and services for the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries.
Further, ISO/TS 29001 is also based on ISO 9001, which contains requirements on error prevention, reduction of variation and waste management from the service provider. These requirements have been written separately in order to ensure clarity and perceptibility. This standard is suitable for all companies within the oil and gas industry as it was developed to ensure quality and improvement within this particular sector.
Why is Oil and Gas Management important for you?
Considering that the oil and gas industry is one of the most exposed to disastrous threats, quality management processes and qualified professionals are crucial to this field. In cases of mistreated hazardous liquids and gasses, severe harm can be caused to people and the environment. Therefore, a high level of operational reliability is vital to this industry to ensure safety and maintenance of smooth operations. This is also beneficial for the organization as it would gain recognition for offering the best products/services in terms of quality and safety. An effective way of achieving this is by becoming ISO/TS 29001 certified, and with your expertise you will assure excellence to stakeholders and improve the organization’s reputation.
Benefits of ISO/TS 29001 Oil and Gas Management
- Enhance the organization’s performance
- Ensure quality and safety
- Gain competitive advantage
- Increase efficiency
- Improve marketing
- Contribute to cost reduction
- Improve risk management
- Ensure effective waste management
- Ensure customer reliability
ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Oil and Gas Quality Management System (OGQMS) based on ISO/TS 29001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Oil and Gas Quality Management Systems and be able to help an organization to show commitment to quality by preventing defects and reducing variation and waste in the supply chain.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Oil and Gas Quality Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO/TS 29001 in your organization.
- Managers or consultants involved in Oil and Gas Quality Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Oil and Gas Quality Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with OGQMS requirements
- OGQMS team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/TS 29001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an OGQMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO/TS 29001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an OGQMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Oil and Gas Quality Management System best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an OGQMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/TS 29001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/TS 29001 and initiation of an OGQMS
Day 2: Plan the implementation of an OGQMS
Day 3: Implementation of an OGQMS
Day 4: OGQMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Oil and Gas Quality Management System (OGQMS)
Domain 2: Oil and Gas Quality Management System (OGQMS)
Domain 3: Planning an OGQMS implementation based on ISO/TS 29001
Domain 4: Implementing an OGQMS based on ISO/TS 29001
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of OGQMS based on ISO/TS 29001
Domain 6: Continual improvement of an OGQMS based on ISO/TS 29001
Domain 7: Preparing for an OGQMS certification audit
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/TS 29001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Implementer Certifications are:
|Credential||Exam||Professional experience||OGMS project experience||Other requirements|
|PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Provisional Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||None||None||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Two years: One year of work experience in Oil and Gas Quality Management||Project activities: a total of 200 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Five years: Two years of work experience in Oil and Gas Quality Management||Project activities: a total of 300 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
|PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Senior Lead Implementer||PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Implementer Exam or equivalent||Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Oil and Gas Quality Management||Project activities: a total of 1,000 hours||Signing the PECB Code of Ethics|
To be considered valid, these implementation activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following activities:
- Drafting an OGQMS plan
- Initiating an OGQMS implementation
- Implementing an OGQMS
- Monitoring and managing an OGQMS implementation
- Performing continual improvement measures
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes