ISO/TS 29001 Oil and Gas Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor
ISO/TS 29001 Oil and Gas Quality Management System Lead Auditor
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO/TS 29001?
ISO/TS 29001, as an international standard, is the result of the collaboration between ISO and the international oil and gas industry, which is primarily focused on the oil and gas supply chain. It specifies the Quality Management Systems requirements for the layout, establishment, production, and implementation of products and services for the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries.
Further, ISO/TS 29001 is also based on ISO 9001, which contains requirements on error prevention, reduction of variation and waste management from the service provider. These requirements have been written separately in order to ensure clarity and perceptibility. This standard is suitable for all companies within the oil and gas industry as it was developed to ensure quality and improvement within this particular sector.
Why is Oil and Gas Management important for you?
Considering that the oil and gas industry is one of the most exposed to disastrous threats, quality management processes and qualified professionals are crucial to this field. In cases of mistreated hazardous liquids and gasses, severe harm can be caused to people and the environment. Therefore, a high level of operational reliability is vital to this industry to ensure safety and maintenance of smooth operations. This is also beneficial for the organization as it would gain recognition for offering the best products/services in terms of quality and safety. An effective way of achieving this is by becoming ISO/TS 29001 certified, and with your expertise you will assure excellence to stakeholders and improve the organization’s reputation.
Benefits of ISO/TS 29001 Oil and Gas Management
- Enhance the organization’s performance
- Ensure quality and safety
- Gain competitive advantage
- Increase efficiency
- Improve marketing
- Contribute to cost reduction
- Improve risk management
- Ensure effective waste management
- Ensure customer reliability
ISO/TS 29001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Oil and Gas Quality Management System (OGQMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Oil and Gas Quality Management System (OGQMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Oil and Gas Quality Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Oil and Gas Quality Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Oil and Gas Quality Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Oil and Gas Quality Management
- Understand the operations of an Oil and Gas Quality Management System based on ISO/TS 29001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/TS 29001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/TS 29001 in the context of an OGQMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in OGQMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/TS 29001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to Oil and Gas Quality Management Systems (OGQMS) and ISO/TS 29001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “ PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Oil and Gas Quality Management System (OGQMS)
Domain 2: Oil and Gas Quality Management System (OGQMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO/TS 29001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO/TS 29001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO/TS 29001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO/TS 29001 audit program
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/TS 29001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience MS audit/assessment experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Provisional Auditor PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Auditor PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Oil and Gas Quality Management Audit activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Oil and Gas Quality Management Audit activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Senior Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO/TS 29001 Lead Auditor Exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Oil and Gas Quality Management Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site Audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes