ISO 27001 Information Security Management System Lead Auditor
ISO 27001Information Security Management System (ISMS) Lead Auditor
Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services for multiple fields
CTSafe Center is in partnership with PECB to deliver ISO courses in Vietnam.
What is ISO/IEC 27001?
ISO/IEC 27001 provides requirements for organizations seeking to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve an information security management system. This framework serves as a guideline towards continually reviewing the safety of your information, which will exemplify reliability and add value to services of your organization.
Why is Information Security important for you?
ISO/IEC 27001 assists you to understand the practical approaches that are involved in the implementation of an Information Security Management System that preserves the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information by applying a risk management process. Therefore, implementation of an information security management system that complies with all requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 enables your organizations to assess and treat information security risks that they face.
Certified ISO/IEC 27001 individuals will prove that they possess the necessary expertise to support organizations implement information security policies and procedures tailored to the organization’s needs and promote continual improvement of the management system and organizations operations.
Moreover, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills to support the process of integrating the information security management system into the organization’s processes and ensure that the intended outcomes are achieved.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management
PECB ISO/IEC 27001 Certificate will prove that you have:
- Obtained the necessary expertise to support an organization to implement an Information Security Management System that complies with ISO/IEC 27001
- Understood the Information Security Management System implementation process
- Provide continual prevention and assessments of threats within your organization
- Higher chances of being distinguished or hired in an Information Security career
- Understood the risk management process, controls, and compliance obligations
- Acquired the necessary expertise to manage a team to implement an ISMS
- The ability to support organizations in the continual improvement process of their Information Security Management System
- Gained the necessary skills to audit organization’s Information Security Management System
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management
- Understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in ISMS audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Day 1: Introduction to the information security management system (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation, and initiation of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles
Domain 4: Preparation of an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 5: Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 6: Closing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
Domain 7: Managing an ISO/IEC 27001 audit program
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
The requirements for PECB Auditor Certifications are:
Credential Exam Professional experience MS audit/assessment experience Other requirements PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent None None Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent Two years: One year of work experience in Information Security Management Audit activities: a total of 200 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent Five years: Two years of work experience in Information Security Management Audit activities: a total of 300 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Senior Lead Auditor PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor exam or equivalent Ten years: Seven years of work experience in Information Security Management Audit activities: a total of 1,000 hours Signing the PECB Code of Ethics
To be considered valid, these audits should follow best audit practices and include the following activities:
- Audit planning
- Audit interview
- Managing an audit program
- Drafting audit reports
- Drafting non-conformity reports
- Drafting audit working documents
- Documentation review
- On-site Audit
- Follow-up on non-conformities
- Leading an audit team
- You are provided with login information to our learning platform and the course materials.
- You can contact our tutors via Skype, Zoom, Viber or WhatsApp for further questions
- A 3-hour online test in essay type questions. The exam duration is three (3) hours. Non-native speakers receive an additional thirty (30) minutes.
- You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
- In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months free of charge
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 days
- Skill level Lead level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes