Why this self-study course:
The 8-hour HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response) Refresher course satisfies OSHA’s requirement for eight hours of annual HAZWOPER refresher training. The goal of refresher training is to ensure workers stay competent and up to date on safety practices related to operations involving hazardous substances.
This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards.
- Read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Summarize Site Characterization
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Describe potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and methods
- Understand the confined space permit system; be able to identify the main confined space atmospheric hazards, types of ventilation and gain an overall understanding of medical concerns associated with confined spaces
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency situation and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
Topics covered during this online HAZWOPER 8-hour Annual Refresher Training Course include:
- HAZWOPER Overview and Regulation
- Emergency Procedures
- Confined Space Entry
- Hazard controls
- Medical Surveillance
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Recognition
- Site Characterization
- Safety and Health Programs
Whilst there is no pre-requisite for this course, intermediate level of English (IELTS 4-5) is recommended to ensure quality comprehension of the subject matter.
Course duration: 03 months
There is a 2-hour test at the end of the course. The test consists of 30 multiple choice and written questions. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
Upon successful completion of the course and pass the tests, a participant will receive a 10 hour for General Industry certificate and IBOEHS-HAZWOPER card.
Course fee: $145
Book the course:
Call us: 07184.108.40.206
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 15
- Assessments Self