Why this self-study course?
This self-study HAZWOPER course provides 40 hours of training on OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) standards. The course satisfies training requirements outlined in OSHA standard 29 CFR Part 1910.120, which requires workers to complete HAZWOPER training before starting work at an uncontrolled hazardous waste operation.
HAZWOPER training prepares cleanup and emergency response workers to operate safely during a variety of scenarios involving hazardous substances.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety
- Use Site Characterization to establish problems that may exist in your workplace and measures that can be implemented to eliminate hazards
- Identify hazardous materials existent in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure
- Encourage the use of Safety Data sheets (SDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials
- Familiarize yourself with materials, compounds and mixtures that may present flammable, explosive, chemical or radiological hazards
- Emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to limit the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure
This course is specifically designed for workers who are involved in clean-up operations, voluntary clean-up operations, emergency response operations, and storage, disposal, or treatment of hazardous substances or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.
There are a total of 24 modules in the online 40-hour HAZWOPER course. These modules address the following general topics:
- Written Safety and Health Program
- Emergency Response Plan
- Site Characterization and Analysis
- Handling Drums and Containers
- Sanitation at Temporary Workplaces
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Medical Surveillance
- Training Program
Whilst there is no pre-requisite for this course, intermediate level of English (IELTS 4-5) is recommended to ensure quality comprehension of the subject matter.
Course duration: 03 months
There is a 2-hour test at the end of the course. The test consists of 45 multiple choice and written questions. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this course.
Upon successful completion of the course and pass the tests, a participant will receive a 30 hour for Construction Industry certificate and IBOEHS-OSHA card.
Course fee: $295
Book the course:
Call us: 0722.214.171.124
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 months
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 21
- Assessments Yes